Last night, I was honored with 2007 Stefan Mitrov Ljubisa Award for lifetime achievement in literature. The award, named after one of the greatest Montenegrin writers of the 19th century, is a major mainstream literary prize that also includes €1,000 (US$1,300).
Here are eight exclusive photos from the award presentation ceremony, held in a ninth century church (the oldest in this part of the world) in the Montenegrin Adriatic city of Budva.
1. Screening of a film based on one of my stories.
2. Reading one of my “Amarcord” stories.
3. My humble self.
4. The award presentation (1) by award jury member Professor Bozena Jelusic.
5. The award presentation (2).
6. The award presentation (3).
7. The day after (1) — enjoying a well deserved break…
8. The day after (2) — a Mediterranean view down at the Budva marina…
The photos above were taken by Slaven Vilus and are used here with his kind permission.